Bienvenue dans notre politique de confidentialité
C-Media Global Services Inc.
dba Urban Racks Bicycle Parking Systems (“Urban Racks”, “our” or “we”)
Protection des données
Last updated March 25, 2021
Votre vie privée est d'une importance capitale pour nous.
By downloading, registering with, or using the App or by accessing the Site, you consent to the terms of this policy. If you do not agree with this policy, do not download, register with, or use the App or access the Site. This policy may change from time to time and the most current version will be posted on the Site. Your continued use of the App or access of the Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes.
Personal Information We Collect from You
When you download, register with, or use the App or access the Site, we may collect certain personal information. That information includes:
1. your name, address, phone number, email address, or IP address;
2. records and copies of any correspondence
3. details of transactions you carry out through the App or the Site
4. financial information
Automatic Information Collection
Users also should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers or through the use of “cookies” or similar technology. Cookies are small text files containing a unique identification number that identifies your browser – but not you – to our servers each time you visit our Site or use our App for the purpose of displaying personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
accept the cookie feature; however, you should note that the Services may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
How We Use Personal Information
Personal information is collected and used for a number of purposes:
- To establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and to provide you with products and services. Personal contact and credit card information is required to process your purchases. Account information is retained by us to enable our Services to identify you, to allow you to set up and access your account and use the features of the App or Site. This information is used only for these purposes and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
• To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask you for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To provide you with information you have requested, and to keep you informed with respect to ongoing changes to the Site or the App. Your email address will be used to send you our newsletters and mailings IF YOU HAVE REQUESTED US TO DO SO. This option is available when you set up your account. You can withdraw your consent for such mailings at any time by contact us as set out below.
• To develop, enhance or provide new products and services. We may from time to time conduct surveys and research, requesting input from our visitors to help us improve our Site, App, products and services in an effort to serve you better. Your participation in such surveys is voluntary, and in some cases you may have the option to participate anonymously. However, your name, address, email and telephone number may be required to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits which are available to survey participants, in which case your contact information will only be used for notification and fulfillment purposes.
• To manage and administer our business. Urban Racks collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Urban Racks’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Urban Racks’ visitors use its Services. From time to time, Urban Racks may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Services.
• To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements (such as in response to a court order), and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
If we intend to use personal information for purposes not identified to you or as set out above, these other purposes will be described to you at the time of collection or before using the information. We will not use your information for any other purpose without your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Urban Racks is not in the business of selling customer information to others. Our customer information is not available for sale to any outside entity. We contract with third parties to fulfill certain functions on our behalf, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, preparing and maintaining site
content, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These agents have access to customer information only as required in order to help them perform their functions on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose and must keep such information confidential.
We also work closely with our affiliates, and in some cases we offer services jointly with these affiliates. When you purchase services that are provided jointly by Urban Racks and one of its affiliates, we share our customer information with that affiliate with respect to your purchase.
Customer information is a valuable business asset. If for any reason Urban Racks transfers or divests itself of its business assets, our customer information will be transferred as one of those business assets.
Urban Racks will release customer information to the appropriate law enforcement, governmental or other authorities if legally required to do so. Urban Racks will also release such information if we feel it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of our customers, affiliates, partners or any other party and for purposes of protection from fraud and credit risk.
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, email address) on non-secure areas of the Services, that information can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Urban Racks.
We store subscriber and password information on our Services in a secure manner. We store such information in a manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind firewall and password protection, or offline.
This site has security measures in place (including the use of Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) encryption technology) to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. All order forms are encrypted and are transmitted via a secure server.
Remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or mobile platforms is 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted through our App or the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Data Retention and Storage
Urban Racks retains your personal information for business purposes, for as long as your account on the App or Site is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. Urban Racks will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time. At any point in time, you can withdraw consent and we will immediately stop processing your data.
Updating Your Personal Information
If you wish to update your personal information, log into the App or your account on the Site and visit your account profile page.
Upon request, Urban Racks will allow any user to “opt out” of further promotional contacts at any time. Also, upon a user’s request, Urban Racks will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his or her personal information from our database; however, it may be impossible to delete a user’s entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our support line +1 (888) 717-8881 (available Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm PST). to request that your account information be deleted from our servers.
C-Media Global Services Inc.
dba Urban Racks Bicycle Parking Systems
20381 62ND AVENUE, IMMEUBLE 3 LANGLEY CITY
ATTENTION: Privacy Officer
Any dispute arising between the customer and Urban Racks with respect to privacy is subject to the terms and conditions of use and this policy, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.