- Read the pressure range from the side of the tire.
- Remove the cap from the tire valve. On Presta valves, loosen the tip of the valve.
- Connect the tire valve to the pump nozzle and flip the lever up.
- Using both hands, move the pump handle up and down. Stop when the desired pressure is reached.
- Flip down nozzle lever and remove the nozzle from the tire.
- Replace the cap on the tire valve. On Presta valves, re-tighten the tip of the valve first.
- Happy riding!
- Remove the wheel from your bike.
- Inspect the outside of the tire for glass or anything else poking out. Remove if found.
- Deflate the tire completely by letting the air out of the tube.
- Opposite the valve, wedge two tire levers (not a screwdriver!), next to each other, between the tube and the rim.
- Hold one tire lever in place and slowly work the other lever away from you, prying one side of the tire off of the rim. The edge of the tire you are prying against is called the bead.
- When one side is removed, remove the tire levers and pull the other bead off the rim.
- Inspect the inside of the tire for glass or anything else poking out. If there is a large hole in the tire, such that the inner tube can poke through, you may need to apply a temporary tire boot, and consider replacing the tire.
- Inspect the band of rubber, plastic, or cloth tape on the rim. Make sure it is covering the spoke holes on the rim.
- Put one tire bead back on to the rim.
- Inflate the new or patched tube a bit. This will make the next steps easier.
- Put the valve through the proper hole on the rim.
- Slowly work the tube inside the tire and on to the rim.
- Put the other bead of the tire back on the rim. If possible, do not use tire levers to do this. Use your hands instead.
- Once both beads are on the tire, using your hands, pry between the rim and the tire and make sure the tube is not sticking out anywhere. Do this on both sides of the tire.
- Inflate the tire to the pressure range recommended.
- Re-install the wheel onto your bike.
20381 62 Ave building 3
Langley City, BC V3A 5E6
#177 – 936 Peace Portal Drive
Blaine, Washington, 98230
PRODUCTS & SERVICES